Hibernian Disabled Supporters’ Association first met at an open meeting on the 23rd May 2011. The meeting was well attended by several fans who were interested in the idea of an association.
Over the coming months the group worked toward establishing the association as a formal organisation and started talking with the Club. A constitution was drafted and a bank account set up.
Following a period of relative inactivity a further open meeting was held in the summer of 2013. A new committee was established to continue the work of the founding committee and officers appointed.
The 2013 / 14 committee worked on several initiatives including reviewing disabled parking on match days, getting new members, raising awareness of the association, and developing a new website.
In 2015 / 16 we have ambitious plans to:
- Attracted more members
- Work with the Club to introduce a members’ parking scheme
- Explore the possibility of a Changing Places Toilet at Easter Road
- Work with the Club to promote the Disabled Supporter’s Association
- Look at more events and opportunities for our members to get involved with the Club
The Association are grateful for the support it receives from it’s many supporters; including but not exclusively:
- Hibernian Football Club who provide meetings space and support in getting started.
- Euan’s Guide who provided sponsorship to help the club relaunch
- Hibernian Community Foundation who donated items for the Leith Gala events
- PRCD who donated the artwork for the logo, designed our banner stand and leaflet, built the website, provided email and web hosting, and donated a vinyl banner for use at events
- Gary Smith who provides the gazebo for the Leith Gala
- Keith Ferguson and the SDSA who helped with practical advice and support
- Euan MacDonald, Gary Smith and Paul Ralph who gave up time to visit the club and write up the first version of our access guide to visiting Easter Road
- The Committee and our members who give up their time to attend meetings, manage the accounts, and develop the Association